Reducing Financial Barriers to Ensure Girls Continue Learning During Emergencies And Can Eventually Return to School
This is the second of a two-part learning series taking place in February 2022. The webinar aims to highlight evidence and present promising practices that work to support girls’ learning during emergencies, based on the solutions presented in Reimagining Girls’ Education: Solutions to Keep Girls Learning in Emergencies, a solutions book published in 2021 by UNICEF, in partnership with ODI and support from GPE.
More specifically, the webinar aims to:
- Introduce the solutions book as a tool to support girls’ education programming in emergencies;
- Highlight the evidence on:
- Gender-responsive distance education using low- and high-tech approaches and
- Girls’ education and social protection in emergencies, including key considerations for programming.
- Stimulate discussion around evidence-based approaches that countries can adopt to deliver gender-responsive distance education and ensure continuity of learning for girls in emergencies.
French translation will be available.