Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) Reading Evaluation Contract
This final project report summarizes each of the activities under Latin America and the Caribbean Reads (LAC Reads) and where relevant, the major findings of the evaluations.
LAC Reads—an initiative funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID)—worked to improve both literacy and access to education in conflict areas, especially among groups of disadvantaged children across the Latin America and Caribbean Regions.
Mathematica led one component of the LAC Reads project, the LAC Reading and Education Evaluation Services project, between September 2012 and May 2021.
- Evaluation of Leer Juntos, Aprender Juntos Early Grade Reading Intervention in Guatemala
- Evaluation of Leer Juntos, Aprender Juntos Early-Grade Reading Intervention in Peru
- Data-Driven Instruction in Honduras: An Impact Evaluation of The Educacción- Pri Promising Reading Intervention
- Evaluation of Espacious para Crecer (EpC), an Afterschool Program, in Nicaragua
Final Performance Evaluation
- The Future of the Honduran Education System: A Macro Analysis of Education Quality and Quantity’s Impact on Development
- The Future of the Guatemalan Education System: A Macro Analysis of Education Quality and Quantity’s Impact on Development
- Lessons from LAC Reads: Leer Juntos, Aprender Juntos in Peru and Guatemala
- Lessons from LAC Reads: Amazonía Lee in the Peruvian Amazon
- Lessons from LAC Reads: EducAcción Promising Reading Intervention in Honduras
- Lessons from LAC Reads: Espacios para Crecer in Nicaragua
- Facilitating Impact Evaluations: Recommendations from the LAC Reads Evaluations
- Methodological Insights for Impact Evaluations