Final Performance Evaluation of the Leadership for Education and Development Scholarship Program (LEAD)
The purpose of this final performance evaluation of the Leadership for Education and Development (LEAD) Scholarship Program is to provide USAID/Egypt with information to make decisions about the program’s efficacy and relative importance in the higher education portfolio. It will provide findings to be taken into consideration in the design of future scholarships programs. The recommendations that follow each set of findings and conclusions will focus on the design of future programs rather than actionable recommendations for the implementing partner.
The statement of work lists five specific evaluation questions:
- To what extent are the students and alumni of the LEAD equipped with the skills to potentially assume positions of leadership in academia, government, industry, and business?
- To what extent are the students and alumni satisfied with the program services (English language training, computer training, team building, and library and research skills)?
- To what extent has the LEAD succeeded to achieve gender balance with the program services (English language training, computer training, cohort development, team building, library and research skills, study skills, etc.)?
- What is the Return on Investment of the LEAD?
- To what extent does the American University in Cairo (AUC) have the institutional capacity and resources to achieve sustainable results?