Ending School-Related Gender-Based Violence
This series of thematic briefs is targeted at policymakers and practitioners. It aims to summarize the latest learning and evidence synthesized from two regional workshops on how best to prevent and address SRGBV held in West and Central Africa and East and Southern Africa. The challenges and recommendations are relevant to any form of school violence, whether driven by gender or not and as such form a valuable resource for all policymakers and practitioners working in this field.
The briefs in this series include:
- Applying a whole school approach to preventing school-related gender-based violence;
- Engaging teachers to create safe and gender-responsive learning environments;
- Shifting harmful gender norms through curricular approaches;
- Establishing safe and confidential reporting mechanisms;
- Investing in data and evidence to inform the response to SRGBV; and
- Integrating SRGBV into national policies and education sector plans.