Launching the Background Paper on Distance Education in Emergencies
Inter-agency Network for Education in Emergencies (INEE) invites you to join the launch of its background paper on Distance Education in Emergencies!
The launch will highlight the structure of the background paper and inform participants of the key challenges, lessons learned, practices, and actions to consider when aiming to provide quality, principles-based distance education (DE) in emergencies.
The paper considers inclusion and equity to be key guiding principles for education in general and calls for their application across all education modalities, especially distance education.
This paper also presents useful ideas and actions for planning, offering, or monitoring and evaluating distance education in emergencies, accompanied by examples of possible adaptations of key actions in various situations. It offers advice on three focus areas: Teacher professional development in DE, utilizing DE technology, and enabling DE policies in emergencies. This advice is complemented by evidence-based recommendations for tackling practical difficulties.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email about joining the web event. This event, scheduled on Thursday, August 25, at 1 pm UTC, will be conducted in English with closed captioning in English. Click here to convert to your timezone.
- Asim Latif, Distance Education Coordinator, Inter-agency Network for Education in Emergencies (INEE)
- Sajida H. Shroff, CEO, Altamont Group
- Collete Azizi, Lead author of the Background Paper, Senior Consultant, Altamont Group
- Elizebeth Bruce, Co-author of the Background Paper, Senior Consultant, Altamont Group
- Dr. Diana Woolis, Director, Center for Professional Learning, Childhood Education International