2020 Global Education Conference Now Accepting Proposals
The Call for Proposals is Now Open!
USAID is pleased to announce a call for proposals for the 2020 USAID Global Education Conference. This is an opportunity to build relationships and networks across sectors and countries and share our collective knowledge, evidence, and experience to better support education as a driver of development and essential to achieving self-reliance.
Through this call for proposals, USAID is looking for new ways of engaging with partners―host country stakeholders, donors, implementing partners, education institutions, the private sector, faith-based groups, and other USG agencies―to achieve results. We are also striving to ensure that a variety of voices will be heard. The conference is structured around four interrelated tracks linked to the principles and priorities of the 2018 USAID Education Policy:
- The journey to self-reliance
- Effective collaboration and coordination
- Evidence-based decision making
- Systems strengthening
Proposal submissions should:
- Highlight and explain the role of U.S. Government education programming in a country’s journey to self-reliance;
- Present new ways of working with and across sectors, agencies, and host country counterparts;
- Cite and apply evidence to inform decision-making, program design, and implementation; and/or
- Explore new ways of engaging with non-traditional partners in the education sector (e.g., the private sector, local organizations).
USAID values all submissions and seeks to cover all conference tracks and showcase a diverse group of stakeholders and partners. Please note that not all proposals will be selected to be presented at the conference.
The deadline for proposals is November 15, 2019.
The proposal review committee will not accept submissions after 11:30 pm Eastern Standard Time on November 15, 2019.
Contact: edulinks [at] usaid [dot] gov