Safe: Preventing Gender-Based Violence in and through Schools
Global leaders, experts, survivors and youth activists will highlight the latest data and evidence on violence that occurs in school settings, but also how schools can be an important arena for broader social change. Under the backdrop of the COVID-19 pandemic, the discussion will focus on how to ‘build back better’ education systems and safe learning environments.
GPE CEO Alice Albright will give a keynote address.
- USAID: Leanna Marr, Acting Assistant Deputy Secretary and Director of Education
- CDC: Dr. Chris Jones, Deputy Director, National Center for Injury Prevention and Control (NCIPC)
- Global Partnership to End Violence Against Children: Chloe Févre, Director, Safe to Learn
- UNGEI: Antara Ganguli, Head of Secretariat
- Transforming Education (UNGEI youth network)/Las Niñas: Eyleen Menchú Tuy, Member of Las Niñas Lideran and Co-Chair of the SRGBV Working Collective
- FAWE: Martha Muhwezi, Executive Director
For more on this event