As we face a tipping point in history, and an opportunity to drive a new wave of innovation and creativity, the global education community is realizing more than ever, the urgent need for shifts in education, globally.
Led by Dubai Cares, in partnership with Expo 2020 Dubai and in close coordination with the UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MoFAIC), and delivered in partnership with global stakeholders, the RewirEd Summit presents an opportunity for the global education community to come together to scale and jumpstart some of the positive change we want to see in education.
The Summit will focus on three key pressing areas in Education globally: Youth, Skills and the Future of Work; Innovation in Education; and Education Financing. The Summit will convene education stakeholders including educationalists and front liners, policy makers, youth, the private sector, international organizations, and foundations, among others together in one place for three days to engage in discussions, panels, hands-on workshops, and to launch exciting initiatives and experiments, and much more.
This three-day global education event will bring together stakeholders from around the world to collectively tackle education challenges by exploring entirely new approaches as well as offering participants a unique opportunity to agree on a shared vision and concrete action.
Through a mix of high-level plenaries, technical workshops, TED-style talks, networking spaces and other side events, the RewirEd Summit will focus on three main issues:
Youth, Skills and the Future of Work
- What future skills do our youth need, and what opportunities do we have today to ensure equity in skills development in a post-Covid 19 world?
- What are the skills our youth need in order to build decent rural livelihoods?
- How can we redesign Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) programs to be environmentally and socially sustainable?
Innovation in Education
- How can we develop innovative and scalable solutions to ensure that children who live in countries affected by crises and emergencies can build strong foundations for lifelong learning and well-being?
- How can game-based learning foster a social environment of co-creation and collaboration for remote learners?
- How does EdTech evolve from digitizing outdated education systems towards building systems that are adaptable, skill-based, and fit for the skills and competencies needed today and in the future?
- How can we reimagine affordable alternative pathways to education for students who cannot access schools?
- How can we create new alliances amongst private and public sector partners to build novel education financial infrastructures?
- How can we secure urgent financing for connectivity?
For more on this event