A Holistic Approach to Reading: How Community Engagement, Social and Behavior Change and Remediation Approaches Have Improved Reading
FHI 360 and Save the Children invite you to a webinar in honor of International Literacy Day—A holistic approach to reading: how community engagement, social and behavior change, and remediation approaches have improved reading.
During the webinar, literacy specialists will outline how USAID-funded projects implemented by FHI 360 and Save the Children in Djibouti, Egypt, and Senegal have used a holistic approach to reading through caregiver and community engagement to improve learning outcomes. The results demonstrate the value of Reading Matters, a holistic reading framework used to promote learning improvements.
- Denise O’Toole, USAID Education Division Chief/Acting YALI Coordinator, USAID/Africa Bureau/Sustainable Development
- Yolande Miller-Grandvaux, FHI 360
- Julee Allen, FHI 360
- Claire Nerenhausen, USAID/Egypt
- Julia Miller, FHI 360
- Nathalie Louge, FHI 360
- Yvonne Cao, FHI 360
- Ismail Guedi, FHI 360
- Gihan Abdelsayed, Save the Children
- Essam Assaad, Save the Children
- Tim Murray, Save the Children
For more on this event