Education in Emergencies
In this five-day intensive course, participants will learn how to effectively craft and implement educational projects in areas affected by disaster or conflict. Students will examine current and past educational projects, conduct an in-depth analysis of existing standards and examine program initiatives implemented by leading nongovernmental organizations.
Participants will engage in lectures, guided readings, discussions and small-group sessions to delve into the key components required to ensure a quality education in emergencies from a multi-sectoral approach.
Key topics include:
- Education focus of the Global Compact on Refugees and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Designing and implementing quality educational projects in fragile contexts
- Formal and non-formal education for the displaced
- Inter-Agency Network for Education in Emergencies (INEE) Minimum Standards for Education
- Education in Emergencies and Cash Transfer Programming
- Challenges faced by children associated with armed forces and marginalized youth
- Nutrition and children
- Child protection and well-being
- Inclusion in education
- Gender issues regarding access to education