2020 Mobiles for Education Alliance Symposium
What do you get when you bring together non-tech and tech global ed game developers, with play-based experts, with education specialists, and policymakers all focused on supporting learners in low-resource, developing country context? Lots of ideas and innovations for accelerating the use of play and games to benefit learners of all ages.
This year’s Symposium will facilitate the free flow of ideas between policymakers, donors and other investors, practitioners, researchers, and ed game developers about what works with play- and game-based approaches in education, and how technology, broadly defined, can be used to help support the delivery, replication and/or scaling of promising initiatives.
This is the 10th annual event, so it's a special occasion for celebration with organizers and attendees. For the first time, the Alliance will be hosting this event at the Kennedy Center’s new REACH performing arts complex.
If this in-person event needs to be canceled due to circumstances beyond control, the Alliance organizers are committed to holding this as an amazing virtual event.
As usual, presenters and participants will benefit from a variety of innovative knowledge exchange and networking opportunities within high-energy participatory formats (e.g. ignite talks, unconventional panel presentations, unconference, pitch presentations, gallery walks, game play) to facilitate the exchange of ideas.
This year's themes include:
- Game Development in Low-Resource Settings
- Games and Play for Inclusive Education
- Games and Gamification for/of Teacher Training
- Technology and Play for Early Years Learning
- Technology and Play in Formal and Informal Educational Settings
- Measuring Skills Acquired Through Technology and Play/Game-Based Approaches
- Technology, Play, and the Future of Learning
- Games, Play, and Technology for Continuity of Education in a Crisis