Job Opportunity: Youth and Workforce Development Advisor in USAID’s Center for Education
Foreign Service Limited Position Opportunity: Education Development Officer (Youth and Workforce Development Advisor) - FL-1710-02
Agency: U.S. Agency for International Development
Organization: Center for Education, Bureau for Development, Democracy and Innovation (DDI/EDU)
Location of Position: Washington, DC
Open Period: 06/07/2021 - 06/28/2021
Appointment Type: This is an excepted service, time-limited appointment that is not to exceed five years; may be considered for further extension for a maximum of nine years
Salary: (USD) $116,786 - (USD) $171,504 (annually)
Number of Vacancies: One
Description of Organization: The Bureau for Development, Democracy, and Innovation (DDI) integrates technical expertise with values-driven, cross-cutting priorities, and modern approaches to the way USAID performs its work. It provides client-centered technical services to USAID’s Missions worldwide, supports programming to innovate, learn, and address emerging issues, and provides technical leadership within the Agency and externally to enhance development impact.
The Center for Education (DDI/EDU) leverages its expertise, partnerships, and global perspective to guide and influence the education sector, advancing U.S. Government development priorities.
Description of Position: The Youth and Workforce Development Advisor will contribute to advancing USAID’s education policies and programs related to youth and workforce development, improving the technical knowledge, skills, and capacity of USAID staff globally as thought leaders in the education sector. The Advisor will support USAID Missions, other USAID Bureaus and Independent Offices, and interagency partners with technical assistance on the latest evidence and innovations in education design, implementation, and monitoring for youth and workforce development programming. In addition, the Advisor will engage with USAID partners, including implementing and donor partners, to improve coordination, technical rigor, and evidence building of youth and workforce development education.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- You must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level (FL-03) of this position. Examples of specialized experience include:
- Developing and revising programs and program policies, implementation guidance, regulations, goals, or objectives related to youth and workforce development.
- Managing youth and workforce development programming and/or other relevant project management experience.
- Providing expert technical assistance in the design, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of evidence-based youth and workforce development.
- Serving as a technical resource for senior leaders working on education and youth issues.
- Identifying and applying new approaches to gather, analyze, communicate, and implement evidence-based decision making in the area of youth and workforce development.
- Developing implementation tools and guidance documents related to youth and workforce development, such as preparing reports, technical papers, program assessment synthesis reports, related articles, senior manager's bulletin's, notices, and programming highlights.
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
Interested candidates should submit:
- A cover letter expressing interest and clearly addressing the stated requirements for the position;
- Three References;
- Stated Security clearance level;
- Stated U.S. citizenship (If citizenship is not stated, application will not be considered); and
- DD214 and other veteran status, if applicable.
Please submit your application package to [email protected]. Please use the subject line “FSL APPLICATION PACKAGE: Announcement Number: 40305/DDI_519, Education Development Officer (Youth and Workforce Development Advisor) - FL-02, DDI/EDU.” Application submissions are required by June 28, 2021 by 11:59 p.m. (EST). Packages not submitted by the deadline with the specified subject line—or incomplete packages—will not receive consideration.
This notice may be used to fill additional vacancies, as the workforce needs of the Bureau may change.
EEO Policy Statement
Reasonable Accommodation Policy