Job Opportunity: Education in Crisis and Conflict Advisor in USAID’s Center for Education
Foreign Service Limited Position Opportunity: Education Development Officer (Education in Crisis and Conflict Advisor) - FL-1710-03
Agency: U.S. Agency for International Development
Organization: Bureau for Development, Democracy, and Innovation, Center for Education (DDI/EDU)
Location of Position: Washington, DC
Open Period: 07/15/2021 - 08/04/2021
Appointment Type: This is an excepted service, time-limited appointment that is not to exceed five years; may be considered for further extension for a maximum of nine years
Salary: (USD) $94,632 - $138,970 (annually)
Number of Vacancies: One
Description of Organization: The Bureau for Development, Democracy, and Innovation (DDI) integrates technical expertise with values-driven, cross-cutting priorities, and modern approaches to the way USAID performs its work. It provides client-centered technical services to USAID’s Missions worldwide, supports programming to innovate, learn, and address emerging issues, and provides technical leadership within the Agency and externally to enhance development impact.
The Center for Education (DDI/EDU) leverages its expertise, partnerships, and global perspective to guide and influence the education sector, advancing U.S. Government development priorities.
Description of Position: The Education Development Officer (Education in Crisis and Conflict Advisor) will support USAID Missions to implement priorities on education in crisis and conflict-affected environments under the USAID Education Policy and the U.S. Government Strategy on International Basic Education, as mandated by the Reinforcing Education Accountability in Development (READ) Act. The incumbent will provide global thought leadership, innovation, and learning to the Agency, the interagency community, and USAID’s partners on education in crisis and conflict. Finally, the incumbent may serve as an Agreement/Contracting Officer Representative, activity manager, and/or subject matter expert for activities and awards that advance USAID’s technical excellence in the area of education in crisis and conflict.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- You must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level (FL-04) of this position. Examples of specialized experience include:
- Advancing education policies and programs in crisis- and conflict-affected contexts—and improving the technical knowledge, skills, and capacity of education officials;
- Providing technical support on the latest evidence and innovations in education design, implementation, and monitoring for crisis and conflict-affected contexts; and
- Engaging with implementing and other partners to improve coordination, technical rigor, and evidence building of education in crisis and conflict-affected contexts.
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
Interested candidates should submit:
- A cover letter expressing interest and clearly addressing the stated requirements for the position;
- Three References;
- Stated Security clearance level;
- Stated U.S. citizenship (if citizenship is not stated, application will not be considered); and
- DD214 and other veteran status, if applicable.
Please submit your application package to [email protected]. Please use the subject line: “FSL APPLICATION PACKAGE: Announcement Number: 40305, DDI_541, Education Development Officer (Education in Crisis and Conflict Advisor) - FL-03, DDI/EDU.” Application submissions are required by August 4, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. EST. Packages not submitted by the deadline with the specified subject line—or incomplete packages—will not receive consideration.