Announcing USAID Higher Education Learning Network Global Steering Group Members
The USAID Higher Education Learning Network (HELN) is pleased to announce our initial members of the HELN Steering Group. Selected from a competitive set of applications, we welcome:
- Samantha Alvis, Higher Education Senior Advisor, USAID Center for Education
- Richard Franklin America, Emeritus Professor of Practice, Georgetown University
- Eric Bergthold, Executive Director, Office of International Development, University of Arizona
- Jack Elliot, Professor, Borlaug Institute for International Agriculture and Development, Texas A&M University
- Diana Harbison, Director of Strategy and Operations, Purdue Applied Research Institute
- Jennifer Lebron, Network Leader for the USAID Higher Education Learning Network, EDC
- Yolande Miller-Grandvaux, Global Education Senior Strategy Advisor, FHI360
- Angélica Natera, Executive Director, Laspau
As we grow the network, the HELN Steering Group will set strategic goals and help produce analysis, decisions, and solutions that can assist in creating a collaborative and thriving network community. The HELN Steering Group will also help support the learning network objectives broadly, as well as the learning network activity work plans through the next year to help us meet the needs of our members.
These members will be joined by representatives from Regional Hubs and HELN Local Chapters that will be established as part of the USAID Leading Through Learning Global Platform. Additional calls for Steering Group members to represent our regional hubs will be forthcoming.
Thank you to everyone who expressed interest in joining the Steering Group, and we look forward to updating the network on the HELN Steering Group’s work and future opportunities.
Please encourage your colleagues to join the HELN by signing up for the Leading Through Learning Global Platform and joining fellow members in the HELN Member Discussion Group on LinkedIn. You can also get updates by following our LinkedIn page. Don’t forget to register for our official HELN launch event, the USAID Higher Education Global Evidence Summit coming in May 2022!