Inter-agency Network for Education in Emergencies (INEE)
Improving Programs through Evidence Building and Knowledge Sharing
The Inter-agency Network for Education in Emergencies (INEE) is an open, global network of members working together within a humanitarian and development framework to ensure that all individuals have the right to a quality, safe, relevant, and equitable education.
INEE’s work is founded on the fundamental right to education.
To ensure the right to a quality, safe, and relevant education for all who live in emergency and crisis contexts through prevention, preparedness, response, and recovery.
Guiding Principles and Values
- Education is a basic human right of all people, including those affected by crisis and instability.
- Education protects during crises and lays a sustainable foundation for recovery, peace and development.
- Education should be included in all humanitarian responses.
- Education policy and services must be actively sustained and coordinated across the humanitarian – development continuum before, during, and in recovery from crises.
- Education, like other humanitarian and development endeavors, must adhere to clear standards of quality and be accountable for results.
- Crises which destabilize education can be approached not only as urgent situations of immediate need but also as opportunities for positive change.
- Collaborative action
- Respect for diversity
- Enabling marginalized voices to be heard
- Acknowledgement of power differences, and commitment to equality
INEE Help Desk
Available to all INEE members, the Help Desk is a tool for providing rapid and specific technical support on education in emergencies. The Help Desk is designed to respond to your questions about INEE tools and resources, as well as provide information about capacity development opportunities.
Every request submitted to the Help Desk is responded to in a timely manner by the Help Desk operator. Requests may be submitted in Arabic, English, French, and Spanish.